Monday, January 07, 2008

I was sitting .....

There is this man who has a very well paid job in the city. He is 60 years old and has a heart condition. He lives with his beautiful 30-something wife in a penthouse apartment on the 22nd floor of a city centre block.
One day he is in the office and decides to give his young wife a surprise phone call. He dials the apartment and there is no reply. He thinks she must be out shopping. He keeps calling and never gets a reply.
Eventually he decides she must be having an affair and decides to dash home and surprise her and catch her out. He rushes out of the office and jumps into a taxi. The taxi gets stuck in gridlocked traffic so he jumps out and rushes to the apartment block. His heart is thumping away when he arrives and discovers he has left his keys back in the office.
He rips the door off its hinges and runs into the lobby with his heart thumping even faster. The lifts are out of order so he starts running up the stairs. 22 floors later he reaches the top, heart thumping away, and as he has no keys he smashes the door of the apartment down and leaps inside. His wife strolls into the lounge casually buttoning up her blouse.
He shouts “Where is he. I’ll kill him!”
He searches the apartment and does not find anyone. Then he looks out of the kitchen window and sees a man running across the front yard pulling on his trousers. He picks up the fridge and hurls it out of the window and hits the man 22 floors below killing him instantly. The effort is too much for his heart and he also dies instantly.
He wakes up to find himself in the celestial waiting room by the Pearly Gates.
An angel appears with a clipboard and says, “I just need to confirm some details before we can process you. Is there a Mr Green here?”
“Yes,” says Mr Green.
“Can you tell me what happened?” asks the angel.
Mr Green says, “Well I was in bed having a cuddle with my wife when the alarm rang. I did not want to be late for work so I dashed off. I was running to catch my bus still pulling my trousers on when I got flattened and ended up here.”
The angel says, “That was a tragic accident but you are indeed dead. Is there a Mr Brown here?”
Yes,” says Mr Brown.
“Can you tell me what happened to you?” asks the angel.
Mr Brown tell him how he dashed home, found no one and hurled the fridge out of the window.
The angel says, "That is what happens when jealousy takes over but now you are dead. Is there a Mr White here?”
Yes,” says Mr White.
“Can you tell me what happened to you?” asks the angel.

Mr White says, “Well I was sitting in this fridge ……”

No comments: